The Plymouth Garden Club objective is to learn about horticulture, flower arranging and our environment and to put our knowledge to use in our homes and our community wherever it is applicable.
Meetings are held in the afternoon of the second Wednesday of the months of September through May, (sign in 12:15 PM) Meeting at 1:00 PM at:
Chiltonville Congregational Church
6 River Street
The June Business Luncheon is held at our Annual Luncheon at the Plymouth Yacht Club at 11:30am (social) and seated at 12-Noon.
Board of Directors meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 10:15 AM at the Plymouth Public Library.
Club Membership Information:
Annual dues: Payable before July 1st
Active Member Fee: $40.00
Associate Member Fee: $60.00
Guest Fee: $5.00
Every member receives a subscription to the Mayflower, the quarterly news booklet of the Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts.
All members are invited to participate in the exhibits, either Meeting Exhibit (Flower Arranging) or Horticulture, or both.
Each member is expected to serve on a tea committee for one meeting during the year. A committee member unable to fulfill this obligation is expected to find a replacement and notify the hostess.
Meeting cancellation will be announced early on the meeting day by:
- WPLM 1390 AM
- WATD 95.5 FM
- If school is closed there will not be a meeting
Continuing Club Projects Include:
- Fund Raising including Ways & Means Table to fund the Scholarship & Civic Projects
- Garden Therapy at Local Nursing Homes
- Library Gardens Maintenance & Creation of Exterior Holiday Decorations for the Plymouth Library Corporation
- Junior Gardeners Environmental Enrichment Program
- Plant, Bake and Boutique Sale – Fundraisers for Civic and Scholarship Projects
- Crafting Christmas Greens and Decorations to sell to fund club’s Scholarship Fund and other community projects
- Arbor Day Provide tree seedlings to all 5th grade students in Plymouth Public Schools
- Maintenance of specific Brewster Garden beds
- Biennial participation in Christmas on North Street
- Pennies for Pines – Saving pennies to purchase an acre of pines for devastated areas in the United States
- Collection of Tabs from aluminum cans to benefit the Shriner’s Hospitals for Children, Orthopedic and Burn Facilities.
- Yearly planting of 1000 daffodils at various community facilities.
We have member entries in the following:
- Art in Bloom at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- The GCFM Southeast District Flower Show
- The Boston Flower and Garden Show
- Heritage Museum
- Marshfield Fair
- Newport Flower Show
- Plymouth Art Guild “Art in Bloom”
- Tower Hill